1923 Foundation of the company by Charles Huguenin. At the time, the private industrial company based in Neuchâtel engraves bridges (part used by manufacturers of watches) for different watchmakers. Orders received from the watchmaking industry soon develop into a demand for engraved window-plates used for displaying watches at the different points of sale.
1973 The company becomes a public limited company and branches out into jewellery. It becomes a wholesaler for gold and silver jewellery from France, Germany and Italy. Huguenin-Sandoz SA also manufactures its own fashion jewellery in brass: pendants, rings and even sports medals. This new activity represents 60% of the company’s turnover versus 40% for the watchmaking industry.
1994 The company moves into new premises in Colombier (NE).
1995 The company decides to bring its jewellery business to a halt in order to specialise in metallic merchandising articles. The market is essentially focused on watchmaking.
2010 Huguenin-Sandoz SA joins Packaging & Design SA.
Today Huguenin-Sandoz SA is moving into new high-end market segments, while simultaneously strengthening its leading position in the watchmaking sector. Customisation of standard products and tailor-made items are increasing. The challenge for Huguenin-Sandoz SA is to find technical and industrial solutions to meet specific customer needs.